Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best Banana Bread Recipe Ever. Ever!

My art room overhaul is progressing, but I just can't show you any more photos of the ceiling in here. The electricity is done for now and the painter will come tomorrow. Then there will be improvements to show. In the meantime, I'm trolling craigslist and enjoying this final week of school and all its festivities.

Thought I'd post a favorite recipe - banana bread seems perfect since we're in the season of fruit ripening much too quickly. Joey's friend submitted this - his grandmother's recipe - for our school's fundraising cookbook a few years ago and it never disappoints. "Where is the cinnamon...and the nuts?" you may ask. I know! But trust me. It's so moist, so delicious...I'm not a natural cook and this is a sure thing every single time. Hope you enjoy it! xo

Grammy Sue's Banana Bread
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar (I use raw sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour (I use 1 cup white flour, 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 ripe bananas, mashed
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Bake in a greased loaf pan for one hour. 

No comments: