Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to make a jewelry organizer con't.

Part 2 of 2 - here's part 1!

Adhere fabric to backing (I just used packing tape) and reassemble frames.
Glue "feet" to the bottom of the frames - I used a glue gun.
Viola! Done!
And of course, you absolutely could use these to display your jewelry - on a dresser, in a bathroom, but mine are going to be in my drawer!
In hindsight:

1. I should have primed the frames (duh!)
2. I should have put a piece of white paper or plain fabric behind the patterned fabric (some of the print on the cardboard showed through).
3. I don't feel like I need to use pins, but sewing pins could easily be cut short and used to anchor your jewelry for when drawers are opened and closed!

So I spent $1.81 and $1.21 on the frames - everything else was on hand. Total cost of project: $3.02. xo

No comments: