Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to make a jewelry organizer

part 1 of 2 - here's part 2!
Finally, some goodness recycled! ;)

I am not a person who has a lot of jewelry, but what I do have, I love. And for months, I've been thinking that I need a way to see my jewelry, so I take the time to put it on during our busy busy mornings.

For this project, I used two thrifted frames, paint, fabric, glue, cardboard (cork would work too) and extra wood pieces that I had around my art room. I bought the wood pieces years ago to "cheat" a bit on this super fun tutorial.
First, I disassembled my frames and painted them in fun colors (totally optional). I also painted the wooden "feet" to match. (See that flower print? It is so old and it was under the pic of the little girl - love when that happens!)
Next, use the glass or cardboard backing to cut your fabric. It doesn't have to be perfect.
And then use the same glass or cardboard as a template for whatever you'll rest your jewelry on. I re-used the board in one of the frames and cut up this rootbeer case for the other. You also could repurpose your glass, but if you wanted to pin your jewelry in place, you need something that will hold a pin). Cork would work great too.

No comments: