Tuesday, August 10, 2010

goals & gratuitous mushy gushy

So as I approach my 100th post, I'm assessing my goals for this blog, what I want to communicate through it, etc. Without a doubt, I post too often about my family and use way too many nature pics. I love 'em...but they're not meant to be the focus of goodness recycled.

After September 1st, I will post mostly about either works in progress (and completed), classes I'm teaching, the creative process, artists I love, inspiration, etc. I won't completely stop blogging about my family - they are (of course!) right there at the foundation of my creative self. But there will be a more diverse set of posts and people who are new to my blog will identify it first as an artsy blog. That's my hope anyway.

I'll share goals soon, but another thing I've realized is that every 100 posts or so I should give a shout out to my husband. I won't post about our anniversaries or our birthdays...but a picture every 100 posts does seem to be appropriate. So here we are in Sacramento this summer. The picture quality is horrible, but the picture itself captures how I think of him/us. Comfortable, together, casual, thankful (I see it in there, I do!).

Thanks for all the support baby. Love you.

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled programming! xo

No comments: