We have officially taken our house off the market. The weekend was dreamy because even though it will filled with chores and caretaking, all said tasks were done in a different spirit. We weren't cleaning to impress the next stranger who might come in, we were cleaning to re-claim the house as ours and this was a huge blessing.
We're not even talking about what we're going to do next - we still want to downsize and this house is not getting smaller. But the next step will show itself to us I believe - we're not going to force it this time. And I also believe that this house may be our perfect place - we just need to give it some time and see where life leads...
So here is my list of things I would like to do to officially re-claim the house as our own (warning - many of these goals are wayyyyyy too lofty for reality):
1. Repaint youngest's room in several 6-year-old-delighting colors rather than in "please the client taupe"
2. Repaint family room in a bold sea green
3. Buy a bonzai tree (more on this later)
4. Get a second dog (?!?!?!)
5. Take out big, ugly tree that shades our vege garden ($$$)
6. Buy new towels and rug for kids' bathroom and donate the ones used for staging (too conservative)
7. Mess up (ahem...reorganize) garage so kids can find everything by themselves
8. Have a party!!!!!
Wishing you a week of gratitude! xo