Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the photographer gets photographed

If you read Time magazine this week...that's my brother up there free diving while he photographs the Sargasso Sea. The story celebrates the life work of Sylvia Earle, oceanographer and conservation super hero. What you can see here is called sargassum, free-floating golden-brown seaweed that moves throughout the Atlantic and acts as a nursery to countless sea creatures.

In the end, we conserve only what we love...

Baba Dioum, poet

If you have young children and want to start teaching them about the ocean, I highly recommend this video. Full disclosure: my brother did all the underwater videography. But that's not why I recommend it - all of my kids love it and it is interesting, educational and beautifully done. If you're local, yes, I have a copy you can borrow! Here is the story about Sylvia Earle.

Happy Wednesday! xo

No comments: