Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Upcycled Journals

 
 
I'm making upcycled journals this week. I started making these when I realized that some of the old books I found were too beautiful (or funny) to cover with collage. I clean the covers, repair the inside covers if necessary, add a label for the new owner and fill with writing paper that's at least 30 percent recycled.

It will be all I can do to not keep the "Strange Woman" journal - it is old and stained, but so fun, isn't it? And the doctors and nurses book - whoooooeeeeeee - possibly the most sexist children's book I have ever read, but I love the cover. We'll see if it sells - maybe to a nursing or medical student?

These journals will be in my etsy shop on Friday - there are others too, so please check in! And I also have a small selection of these at Peridot. Enjoy your days! xo

No comments: