Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gypsy treasures

I attended the Gypsy Caravan yesterday for the first time ever. This lovely St. Louis tradition has been raising money for the St. Louis Symphony for 40 years! There were many tents full of treasures - some to dig for, some just sitting right out obvious. There were also lots of tents of crapola - 20 pairs of tube socks for $5 kinds of things...but it was a fun fun day!

I bought this teeny tiny bottle with the word "eternal" on it.
And these great vintage letter cards and tiles. The Turtle Tiles are not as impressive as I thought (they'd be easy to duplicate) but they're authentic and that's fun.
Five enamelware bowls...enamelware, table cloths, old tins and old books - I find you irresistible.
And the most fun find of the day was these watch parts. Nope...I have no idea what I'll do with them, but they were so much fun to find and select. Kyle actually gasped when I showed him - his Hugo Cabret wheels spinning spinning spinning!
Enjoy the week! xo

No comments: