Thursday, July 25, 2013

This week in our garden...

We're joining Amanda on Thursdays to report on our garden's progress (or lack thereof).

I have tomatoes planted in four places throughout our yard. So far we have harvested zero tomatoes which is very sad. St. Louis has had the most bizarre, cool summer and I just assumed the heat would catch up with us and stay until November or so...but that does not seem to be the case. Time will tell if we get a harvest.
 My peppers look healthy, but they are stunted and again, almost no fruit.
Our carrots are growing like crazy - they should be fun for the kids to pick.
 
This was our chamomile...
This is our chamomile. It's a perennial, so I'm not quite sure what to do with it. It's so pretty when it's blooming. I'll be googling about about pruning and care later today.
 My sweet potatoes seem to be doing well - that's great news!
 And I have about 30 figs growing! Hooray! Although animals ate every single one of our apples this year (at least 50 apples) so we'll see who gets to these first.
Here's a detailed photo of a fig leaf - I think they are breathtaking.

In other sad garden news - our peach tree died and our raspberries have yielded perhaps 15 berries. The weeds in my berry garden are overwhelming...I need to do some research on this too. But it's still gardening - still tons of fun. Hope your gardens are thriving! xo

No comments: