Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowy day...

We went to bed with snow in the air and hopes that we would have school today and that we would not have school today. Alas, as is always the case, the kid who wants to have a snow day is not granted one, and the kids who want to have school, have the day off. 
After a very impressive argument (think lawyer argument, not quarrel argument) we decided to keep them all home.  I read this article yesterday and am telling myself that by teaching my youngest to advocate against injustice now (oh, what a world this would be if all children only had to worry about unbalanced snow day distributions), I am really helping him to know and believe that he has what it takes to tackle, walk away from, and advocate against injustice in his older years. But probably the bigger truth is that I didn't want to get out of my pajamas this morning.

In other news, Joey turned 14 this week. Everyone says it. Everyone. But the days do fly by way too quickly.  
This hat will be off my needles today and on its way to keeping the birthday boy's  head warm. I've wanted to do some kind of Noro striping for years - it was super fun.
 I have my first visual journal. Artists I follow have forty of these things. One has to start somewhere. And one of these days, I'll show you the inside. Maybe. Hope so. In the meantime, Alisa is so generous always about sharing her sketch book pages - she is such an inspiration! Mary Ann is too. And so is Pam. Hmmm...I think I will do a post someday of all the art journalers who I follow.
 
I've added some vintage paper treasures to my etsy shop. The bird illustrations are my favorite by far. If they don't sell, they will be hanging in our home by Spring - they are just gorgeous.
Happy Day! xo

No comments: