Friday, November 13, 2009

Finale

Sometime long ago someone told me that it takes three years to have a raspberry garden that will yield a full crop. We've never lived anywhere long enough to have three harvests...current home included. I assumed that my raspberries were done for the year, and I've been waiting for the first frost to trim and cover them. What a surprise to go out to our garden (it's in the alley, not visible from our house) and see this abundance of late-blooming delicacies!

And the second harvest (we're on our second, second harvest if that makes sense, one in Connecticut and one here) is pretty durn good if I do say so myself. And now I know that late-Fall berries are more robust, and larger...maybe because little fingers aren't picking at them everyday now that the weather has cooled and our days find us away from home more often.


Happy weekend, from my family to yours! xo

No comments: