Monday, January 10, 2011

All over the place

I'm attaching soothing, nature pics to this phrenetic post. These were taken over New Years, on a hike close to the cabin we love in Licking, Missouri.
To those of you who are discouraged about dropping New Years Resolutions, be gentle with yourselves: 1. resolutions are not meant to bring you down and 2. I haven't even gotten to the "resolving" part yet. 
I feel like I am literally all over the place. I can be in my art room, make a goal, remember to get the vaccuum, walk downstairs, see the porch door, remember I want to paint it, go outside to see what paint colors I have... 
I'm like a completely dysfunctional grown-up version of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie," except, there's no cookies!
I'm list and deadline oriented, so I know what I need to do. In the meantime, it is no surprise that I stumbled upon this today (20 minutes, worth every second).
Lisa challenged everyone to come up with a word to symbolize the coming year. Do you do this? I'm still undecided (of course) between authenticity, rooted, calm, certain, full - all words that mean a lot to me right now.
In the meantime, I'm starting to clean one thing and then getting sidetracked. Starting one project and then putting it aside because of this other thing I started. Returning one email, but not reading the one that has the deadlines attached.
 
I also really want to take an online course - there are oodles of good ones about to start. But I know I won't stick with it in this state that I'm in. That won't work.
Thank goodness it's only Monday. xo

1 comment:

Make-Up and Mud said...

I just read this blog entry... and I read my life word for word! I am the queen of distractions, and it is so frustrating. It seems as if you read and read blogs by people who actually start projects and FINISH them all the time, right? And you know good and well that you can sit down to make a journal scrapbook, then you realize that you forgot a specific ribbon, so you run to get it quickly. But along the way you pass the spare bathroom, and you remember that you were going to clean the toilet. To do that you have to go to the laundry room to get the bathroom cleaner, but you trip on your new canvas, which you also want to paint as well. In order to paint, you have to go get the paint and it goes on and on and ultimately nothing is finished with the husband and kids hustle in from their productive day. I totally understand! Congrats on your blog, and know that it does get a little easier... I think.