Wednesday, February 8, 2012

100 journals

One of my goals for 2012 is to make 100 ephemera journals - or whatever you wanna call them. I'm trying to think of a new name for them, because trust me, the word "ephemera" does nothing for people. I'm leaning towards calling them fortune cookie journals. Here's why: You know when you open a fortune cookie and even though you don't really expect it to reflect your life, you secretly hope that it does and that it is going to give you some optimistic insight that you'll say was just a coincidence and "fun" to see, but deep down, you get to believe a little bit that the hope, dream, issue, challenge that you're thinking of might indeed be about to make a turn or get even better...all because of this little slip of mass produced paper? Well, I think my journals have a little speck of that magic in them too - between the collages all being one-of-a-kind and the beautiful mess of vintage and recycled papers that are on the inside, not to mention the writing, sketching, doodling, journaling that each owner will complete...well, I'm leaning toward "Fortune Cookie Journals".
 What do you think? I'm not totally sold on the name yet, very open to suggestions.
Anyways, they're not my big money maker, but they are my work through and through going out into the world. I sold every one I made in 2011, so I'm going to try to make 100 and see how they do. They will cost $42 each. I'm also going to wholesale a group of them. Do you own a little shop? Would you like to carry them? Wish me luck! And if you need a journal, please stay tuned...

I am in a little Valentines show this weekend - details tomorrow. xo

No comments: