Friday, December 3, 2010

And now there are two

Don't know if you were reading last year when I made my first front-door-wreath. I was still blogging anonymously then and I yammered on and on in the post (check out the pictures, you might want to skip the text). Anyways, last year, one dog, one wreath venture for two friends and one reader (okay, maybe four). This year, two dogs, a second wreath trip for four friends, and many readers. I can't believe it and THANK YOU for reading!
We trekked to Shaw Nature Reserve last night to make wreaths again. It is such a fun fun fun tradition. The setting is dreamy, there is natural, greenery aplenty, and the company divine (not to mention the coconut cookies...yum). Anyways, here's my wreath this year. I love it. If it was truly going to reflect our 2010, it should probably be filled with Japanese erasers, or Harry Potter lego characters or FoxTrot or Calvin and Hobbes cutouts somehow. But no, just local greens and five "berries" to represent the five of us.
If you're hoping to shop local and/or handmade this weekend, here's where I would send you:

Chris McCarthy is having his Holiday Sale, Saturday and Sunday.

Annie Scheumbauer is having her annual Holiday Open House and sale, Saturday only.

The St. Louis Craft Mafia will be on Cherokee Street on Saturday.

Winter Markt is happening in the Skinker Debaliviere neighborhood, Saturday. It's outside, live music, wear your mittens!

Happy Weekend! xo

No comments: