Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Keeping it real...

Do you remember when I posted about keeping this space clean and organized? Yeah, um, about that...

Here is where I sit almost everyday. I photograph all my products here, I knit and cut out images in that window. I have two huge work tables but apparently, this is also where I pay my taxes. Small business owners have to pay their taxes quarterly, so I paid my 2010 taxes yesterday - 64 days late. Bad. I mentioned in my Monday post that I was humbled by all the lessons other artistic business owners have shared - getting behind in paperwork seems to be an almost universal theme. I actually think there could be an art installation of sorts about artists and the day to day of business - most bloggers who share this info spread out on the floor, they cover their beds, the use chairs instead of tables (ahem). What's up with that?

Anyways, I'm confident this space will be better by Friday. And it's fun for me to see photos like this because I'm still picking paint colors for this space as I transition it into a classroom + studio. I have a very artistic friend who swears the vaulted ceiling should be painted the wall color, not the ceiling color. Do you agree?

Happy Wednesday! xo

No comments: