Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Praying for Haiti

I have to be honest. I can hardly watch or read about the devastation in Haiti. It's too horrible, and (of course) I'm not even living in it. I have friends who are very up-t0-date on the latest developments, the increased death tolls, etc., and I'm just relying on them to keep me posted.

May we all pray.

The above photo is from Tobago - which is not Haiti, but a neighboring island. We were fortunate enough to visit there last year. One of the stories I did read (before I decided I couldn't do it anymore) was about how the Trinidadian people were gathering food to send as well as provisions and money. It's a modern day version of the woman at the temple who gives a half a penny. Beautiful. And hopeful. The island is very poor, and the people are so generous.

Here's where you can give, if you can.

Donations can be made to the general International Response Fund online at American.RedCross.org or by phone at 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish).

To designate the donation to a specific disaster, such as the Haitian Earthquake, mail it to: American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013 or to your local American Red Cross chapter.

xo

No comments: