Monday, May 9, 2011

A blast from the past...

I unearthed this photograph during my GARO11 work last week. This is my dorm room my freshman year at school. I collaged the whole wall around our closet. Of course you weren't allowed to adhere anything to the walls, so I covered the wall with butchers paper (in those days you actually went to the grocery store and asked the butcher for some paper), taped it like crazy (no double stick tape yet), glued all of the images and pretty much slapped it everyday to re-stick the tape to the wall and ensure that my mural wouldn't fall down. 

Now that I think of it, that slapping probably had some therapeutic benefits to it at the time (no yoga on campus back then). The young woman in the photo is named Michelle - she was from Columbia, Missouri, her parents collected Coca Cola memorabilia and she had the most perfect curly hair ever. Blessings to you Michelle wherever you may be! 

Happy Monday! xo

No comments: